Looking for cool stuff? Need a great gift? Shop online with me @ The Online Shop Stop!

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

No Bake Peanut Butter & Honey Chocolate Chip Protein Bars

Packed with protein from peanut butter, fiber from the oats and sweetened with immune boosting honey, these delectable no bake protein bars are fast and easy to make and SOOOOO GOOD!!!


 They only get better the longer they are in the refrigerator, but they never last long in my house.  These little bars make a great snack, dessert or even a quick breakfast.  I keep these on hand to curb my sweet tooth and give me a healthy snack option. Peanut butter is an excellent source of  protein and fats and is very filling.  Some people have certain nut allergies to peanuts.  While I have not tested this recipe with almond or cashew butter, I am sure it could probably be substituted if you are allergic to peanuts.  Be sure to use gluten-free oats if you are sensitive to gluten.  The chocolate chips in this recipe really give these bars a chocolate sweet kick and make the bars taste a lot like cookie dough.  I know we all have eaten cookie dough right out of the bowl right?  LOL!!  I am dairy-free so I use dairy-free chocolate chips by Enjoy Life.



No Bake Peanut Butter & Honey Chocolate Chip Protein Bars
3 cups quick oats
1 cup peanut butter (I use PB Fit powdered peanut butter.  See the recipe for more instructions)
3/4 cup honey
1 tbsp. ground flax seed
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 cup of water

In a large bowl add the peanut butter.  If you are using a powdered peanut butter you want to mix it with enough water to make 1 cup of prepared peanut butter. Whisk the honey into the peanut butter.  Stir in the oats, flax seed, salt and water. Mix until thoroughly combined.  Stir in the chocolate chips.  The mixture should be thick and resemble chocolate chip cookie dough.  Spoon the mixture into a square brownie pan.  Using GREASED hands spread and mash the dough evenly into the pan.
Cover the pan with tin foil and refrigerate for several hours until firm.  Slice the bars into desired sizes.  I like mine on the small side so I get 16 brownie size bars from this recipe.  Remove from the pan and store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.


Print Friendly and PDF

Love life and be well,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...