Home | About THW | FREE e-Book | Recipes For Food | Recipes For Life | Contact THW




Today is:


Looking for cool stuff? Need a great gift? Shop online with me @ The Online Shop Stop!

,

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Dairy Free Ranch Dressing

After going dairy-free I struggled to find a good alternative to my favorite salad dressing, RANCH.  Is  there really any other kind?  Then I discovered tofu.  At first I was hesitant to even try it, after all it is fermented soy beans, and it sounded less than appetizing.  But, much to my suprise, tofu has become a very versatile staple in my kitchen.  It can be add to different recipes, especially the silken kind and blended into a smooth yogurt-like consistency that you can do all kinds of things with.

I use Mori-Nu Tofu from my local health food store for recipes like this.  Tofu is REALLY inexpensive and usually organic and non-gmo.  It is priced about $2.80 for a 12 oz. block in my area.  I like this brand because it is also SHELF-STABLE, making it a great addition to my pantry because, it doesn't require refrigeration.  This type of tofu is good for making all kinds of dishes, but if you want to use it as a scrambled egg replacement I recommend getting a firmer tofu in your grocery store's fruit and vegetable section.

Serve this dressing with fresh veggies as a delicious dip or over your favorite tossed salad or to dunk your favorite chicken nuggets or baked french fries in.  I mean is there really anything better than chicken nuggets or french fries dipped in ranch dressing?  Or than a baked potato topped with ranch dressing?  I think not!





Dairy Free Ranch Dressing
6 oz. Silken Soft Tofu
1 tsp. dried parsley
1/4 tsp. garlic powder and onion powder
1 tbsp. almond milk (or other plant-based milk)

To make this super simple dairy-free ranch dressing blend the following ingredients in a food processor or blender.  This make a small amount, about one cup, but it can be easily doubled.

Print Friendly and PDF

Love life and be well,






Connect With Me On Social Media



 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Published Online Since 2008 The Healthetarian Woman All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: All content, written articles, recipes and photos are the property of The Healthetarian Woman and may not be used, copied or published anywhere without express written consent from The Healthtarian Woman.


Get My FREE e-Book

 photo Dont Miss Out 1_zpskdbebq1s.png

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Popular Posts

Refrigerator No-Bake Cookies

Nut-Free Vegan Parmesan Cheese

Low-Fat Baked Ranch Doritos

No-Bake Peanut Butter And Honey Protein Bars

Dairy-Free Caramel Sauce

Little Caesar's Bread Sticks Copy Cat

How To Eat Dirt

Washing Laundry By Hand








Join Swagbucks!


gluten free blog network directory