Home | About THW | FREE e-Book | Recipes For Food | Recipes For Life | Contact THW




Today is:


Looking for cool stuff? Need a great gift? Shop online with me @ The Online Shop Stop!

,

Monday, October 1, 2012

And he walks with me, and he talks with me...........




“And he walks with me, and he talks with me, and he tells me I am his own.  And the joy we share as we tarry there, none other has ever known.”  Those are the words to the Christian hymn “Just a closer walk with thee”.  The context of the hymn is referring to our walk with God, but as I read and sing the words to that song, I often think of my relationship with my husband.   Our marriage is supposed to be a reflection of our walk with God and Christ’s love for his “bride”, the church. 
“And he walks with me….” In the evenings, after dinner, we like to take walks around our neighborhood.  Sometimes it is just me and my husband and other times we are accompanied by our daughter.  During our walks my husband walks with me, and holds my hand and I follow his lead throughout our neighborhood.  In our marriage, I strive to be the follower.  Having been single for many years prior to our marriage, I struggle with following instead of leading.  I have to make a conscious effort to follow and know when to keep my mouth shut and just let him lead.

“And he talks with me…..”  My husband has a special gift of intelligence that I don’t have.  He knows a lot of stuff about a lot of different things.  When I want to know how something works, I ask my husband.  When I want to know why something is the way it is, I ask my husband.  Often times, we can sit for a long time and just talk about things, actually he does a lot of talking and I do a lot of listening and asking questions.  Sometimes I will ask him a thought provoking questions, just to start a meaningful conversation.  It really doesn’t matter what we are talking about, so long as we are spending time together.

“And he tells me I am his own….”  Each marriage is different and each couple’s chemistry is different.  My husband has a special sense of humor that some people don’t understand and his way of showing affections is different than most people, but in his own special way, he tells me that I belong to him no matter what and I know that now matter what he will never leave me or forsake me.

“And the joy we share as we tarry there, none other has ever known….”  Marriage is a journey that is meant to last a life time.  Learning to tarry there means that you should committ to a lifetime marriage and enjoy the journey with your spouse.  No matter how long God allows the journey to last, it will brings about a peace and joy between the two of you that none else will ever know but you and your mate.


Print Friendly and PDF

Love life and be well,



Connect With Me On Social Media



 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Published Online Since 2008 The Healthetarian Woman All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: All content, written articles, recipes and photos are the property of The Healthetarian Woman and may not be used, copied or published anywhere without express written consent from The Healthtarian Woman.


Get My FREE e-Book

 photo Dont Miss Out 1_zpskdbebq1s.png

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner




Popular Posts

Refrigerator No-Bake Cookies

Nut-Free Vegan Parmesan Cheese

Low-Fat Baked Ranch Doritos

No-Bake Peanut Butter And Honey Protein Bars

Dairy-Free Caramel Sauce

Little Caesar's Bread Sticks Copy Cat

How To Eat Dirt

Washing Laundry By Hand








Join Swagbucks!


gluten free blog network directory